Applicant Privacy Notice
This policy applies to;
- Prestige Nursing Limited trading as Prestige Nursing & Care The Kirkgate, 19-31 Church Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 4PF
- Prestige Nursing (Scotland) Limited trading as Prestige Nursing & Care Rolland House Unit 10 Newbridge Industrial Estate, Cliftonhall Road, Newbridge, Scotland, EH28 8PJ
This notice supports our privacy principles and informs you of how we collect, store, and use your personal information during the recruitment process when you apply to join our organisation. It also outlines your rights in relation to your personal data.
We currently collect and process the following information, this is necessary in order for us to manage your application effectively:
||Categories of Personal information
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
- Management of your recruitment process.
- Civil status, identity, identification data, images (name, ID, etc.)
- Professional life (e.g. professional email address)
- CV, education, degrees, professional training, honors, etc.
- Data relating to criminal convictions or offenses (Criminal records, etc.)
- (Where relevant) Health data
- Where relevant to the role to assess the working capacity of the employee or to provide reasonable adjustments
- Data revealing racial or ethnic origin
- Collected for monitoring, promoting and reporting on equal opportunities and diversity purposes.
- Connection data (IP address, logs, etc.)
- Legitimate interest
- Performance of the employment contract (pre-contractual measures)
- Legal obligation and employment law purposes
- (Where relevant) Consent
- Equality of opportunity or treatment purposes
We will collect your personal data directly via a data collection form on our website (the information that you tell us) as well as indirectly through the collection of third-party reference information (when we ask your references for information about you to support your application).
The security and confidentiality of your personal data is of great importance to us, therefore, we restrict access to your personal data only to members of our staff who need to have this information in order to process your application and/or to manage the applicant database. We will not disclose your personal data to any unauthorised third parties. This means we only share your personal information with the relevant people within our organisation.
We do not authorise our service providers to use or disclose your data, except to the extent necessary to deliver the services on our behalf or to comply with legal obligations. Furthermore, we may share personal data concerning you (i) if the law or a legal procedure requires us to do so, (ii) in response to a request by public authorities or other officials or (iii) if we are of the opinion that transferring data is necessary or appropriate to prevent any physical harm or financial loss or in respect of an investigation concerning a suspected or proven unlawful activity (iv) if you show interest in working for another organisation within the Sodexo family.
Your information is securely stored on our applications where we have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful alteration or loss, or from unauthorized, use, disclosure or access. This means that we have measures in place to ensure that the data we store on our systems is safe and secure.
We will only keep your personal data for a period which does not exceed the period necessary for the purposes in which your personal data were collected and processed. Data retention periods are outlined on the following chart;
||Data Retention Period
||Management of your job application
12 months for unsuccessful candidates.
6 years from end of employment for successful candidates.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase (delete) your personal information*.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information*.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information*.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you*.
*Your rights are subject to a certain set of conditions which comply with Data Protection Legislation. If you have any questions about your rights you can contact us.
If you have questions, comments and requests regarding this notice you can contact us at Privacy@prestige-nursing.co.uk.
This privacy notice specifically outlines the data privacy principles relating to the recruitment process when you apply to join our organisation. If your application is successful and you join our organisation, there are an additional set of principles.
You can visit the following link (https://www.prestige-nursing.co.uk/privacy-policy/) to familiarise yourself of how we respect your privacy and your certain rights related to any personal information we collect from you and the obligations in respect we have towards you.