As of the week commencing Monday 22 February 2021, the government has set out a timeline for the easing of COVID-19 restrictions. This guidance represents progress in the battle against the virus, on the back of a successful vaccine roll-out programme.
Safe care has never been more paramount to those who require it, which is why we always prioritise the health and safety of all our clients and team members, whilst assisting the wider communities we serve, as much as possible. We are delighted that front-line health and social care workers were prioritised for COVID-19 vaccinations, and are grateful that a large majority of our team took up the offer to receive theirs.
Our main goal throughout the pandemic has been to ensure that all our clients remain safe in their own homes. Our leadership team continue to follow and communicate the latest government advice and guidance, ensuring that our policies and procedures are reflective of this. This includes ensuring all our team members have the appropriate and sufficient provision of personal protective equipment (PPE), specific to the care and support that they deliver.
Prestige Nursing & Care is committed to delivering the following:
- Continuity of safe and effective care and support for both new and existing clients.
- Access to vaccinations and testing for all our front-line team
- Providing comprehensive training to our team to ensure they are competent in all areas of care delivery
- Care teams are provided with the required PPE for every task they carry out, at every visit in line with the government guidelines
- Our service delivery continues to range from companionship and personal care, through to care of complex conditions, for both adults and children
- Review of care plans and client assessments continue by appropriately trained team members
- Branches continue to operate our 24/7 emergency-on-call service for our clients and team members
- Registered nurse support continues, both in branch and from our clinical governance team
- Continuous review and communication of the latest government guidelines to ensure compliance and safety
- Clinical supervisions and competencies are being completed in line with our regulator’s requirements
We recognise the challenges faced by all care professionals at this time. We hope the approach outlined above provides the reassurance needed that we are committed to delivering support to those who require it, in a safe, caring and effective way.